One Month Training Module
Overview of the essentials of research
This section gives an insight into the proper preparation and storage of buffers and reagents. Most laboratories lack formal programs to train students on proper technique of pipetting. This section also helps in developing operator pipetting proficiency and consistency in single-channel and multi-channel pipetting, to minimize pipetting errors.
- Instrument Handling
- Reagent and buffer preparation
- Pipetting skills and calibration
Section II: In vitro screening and Bio-analytical techniques in drug discovery
This module provides a preamble to the basics of Bioanalytical instrumentation and associated techniques which play an important role in quality control, pharmacokinetics and even pharmacodynamics of drug candidates along with the details of target based drug screening based on two different platforms and the associated instrumentation.
- Operation, working principle and handling of Microplate reader
- Biossays in Kinetic and End point mode using Microplate reader
- Standardization of in vitro assays.
- Screening of herbal extracts in in vitro assays.
- Identification of Hits.
- Data interpretation through sophisticated software programmes.
- Operation, working principle and handling of Spectrofluorimeter (Fluostar) and the associated software programme
- Biossays in Kinetic and End point mode using FLUOstar
- Bioassay development and validation using assay performance measures
- Screening inhibitors using different bioassay models
- Bioassay miniaturization
- Data interpretation through sophisticated software programmes
- Bio-analytical techniques
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
Students interested to pursue this training programme can contact us at email@example.com along with their profile. Any query in this regard will be entertained.